On Wednesday, May 20th at 7 p.m., Dr Linda Montagna, Psy.D. of Ruah Woods will share the benefits of attachment-focused parenting. All are invited to this free, educational evening. Childcare will be provided.
In her presentation, Dr. Montagna will draw from over 60 years of scientific research to discuss the “what’s, why’s, and how’s” of attachment-focused parenting:
- What attachment is: The psychology and neuroscience behind attachment theory
- Why secure attachment is important
- How years of scientific research demonstrate that “securely-attached” kids experience better cognitive, emotional, social, academic, and behavioral outcomes across the lifespan than “insecurely-attached” kids
- How parents help to form their children’s “template” for understanding, “Who am I?” “Who is God?” “What is my mission in life?”
- How parents can improve their kids’ attachment security using basic principles from attachment theory
Parents will leave with practical tips on how to promote stronger attachment bonds with their kids.
To reserve your seat and help us plan for childcare, please RSVP to Nancy Toon at firstname.lastname@example.org or (513) 271-4171.