The Good Shepherd Catholic Montessori serves children from preschool through the eighth grade. Our students hail from 36 zip codes in Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky. Approximately 80 percent are Catholic.
The admissions process begins with prospective parents attending a school tour. At that time Dan Teller, the founder and executive director of The Good Shepherd Catholic Montessori, will present the school’s mission, philosophy, and pedagogy; provide a tour of the school in action; and answer any questions. For list of upcoming tours, click School Tours 2017-2018.
Applications are accepted throughout the year. Applications must be accompanied by a non-refundable application fee. The application fee is $55.00 to apply online or $50.00 to submit a paper copy. The application will be dated at the time it is received, and a determination of admission for the subsequent school year will be made in late February/early March.
Mid-year applications for any level are considered if there are openings, and are acted upon immediately.
To request an admissions packet, please contact the school secretary, Nancy Toon, at 513-271-4171 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enrollment procedure for new students
The enrollment procedure involves the following steps.
- Prospective parents visit the school and meet with the principal.
- The parent submits an application with a non-refundable $50.00 application fee or $55 on-line application fee. For parents with current students wishing to enroll a new student, an application with a $25 application fee or $30 on-line application fee is required. Students who re-apply after the Priority Registration Period ends are no longer given preference for re-enrollment for the next school year. GSCM reserves the right to not re-enroll a current student at its sole discretion.
- For children entering kindergarten through eighth grade:
- The child’s teacher from his/her previous school submits a “Teacher Reference Form.”
- For children entering first through eighth grade: The parents provide school records from the previous three years, including progress reports, test scores, and other information.
- The child visits the school. This visit may take the form of an after-school meeting/interview with the teacher, or a during-school visit to the class. The teacher visit will not be scheduled until all records from previous teachers and others, including pertinent medical records, etc., have been received and reviewed by GSCM administration and teachers.
- The parent is notified regarding the child’s acceptance via a letter of acceptance.
- To enroll, the parent submits a $350.00 deposit. This deposit holds the child’s place and is applied towards the registration and the upcoming school year’s tuition. It is nonrefundable.
- Upon enrollment, the family returns a tuition contract, which is binding for the upcoming school year unless the family move more than 50 miles away.
Admissions Procedure for Kindergarten through Grade 8
- Return an APPLICATION FORM
along with the application fee ($55.00 online or $50.00 paper copy) to:
The Good Shepherd Catholic Montessori
4460 Berwick St., Cincinnati, OH 45227
- Give a RECOMMENDATION FORM to your child’s teacher and ask him/her to mail it to the above address or email it to Dan Teller (email@example.com).
- Release of RECORDS FORM (Grades 1-8 applicants): Please give this form to your child’s current school, along with a stamped envelope addressed to The Good Shepherd Catholic Montessori.
- Grades 1 and 2: GSCM requires records (including grades and any written comments) for the previous one or two school years.
- Grades 3-8: GSCM requires records (including grades and standardized test scores) for the previous three academic years.
- Register for a SCHOOL VISIT for your child to meet with our teachers. Contact Nancy Toon to register (firstname.lastname@example.org or 513-271-4171).
* Kindergarten applicants: 30-minute visit
Thursdays, 12:30 – 1:00 p.m.
Fridays, 8:30 – 9:00 a.m. or between 12:30 – 2:00 p.m.
* Grades 1-3 applicants: 45-minute visit
Wednesdays, between 9:30 – 11:30 a.m. or 12:45 – 1:30 p.m.
Fridays, between 9:30 – 11:30 a.m.
* Grades 4-6 applicants: 45-minute visit
* Grades 7-8 applicants: 45-minute visit
The Good Shepherd Catholic Montessori admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, and athletic and other school-administered programs.